Tool kit for SL500

It was stolen from my SL and I can't find a used one to replace it. It must be one somewhere .

Reply to
John, A.

Price at dealer is approx. 150 USD

Reply to
Jens

I have but no luck

Price at the dealer close to one thousand dollars, including navigation CDs.

Reply to
John, A.

What do you need again? No tool kit is worth $1000... what year is your car?

Doesn't your insurance cover this under comprehensive coverage? It should be if you have it covered.

Reply to
Tiger

As I said that includes the Navigation CDs The car is a SL500 2005 and there is a compressor included. The car was under the Mercedes Benz of Buffalo and they just decide to ignore everything. I will never buy anything from them. I feel I was taken by a dealer that suppose to honor is commitments. My lawyer said that when you buy a car from Mercedes you expect to be treated with some consideration.

Reply to
John, A.

Why dont you complain to Mercedes direct and add if you recieve no satisfaction your next comunication will be directed to MB in Germany

a.. Call us at 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372) a.. Contact us by e-mail a.. Send us a letter: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC

Customer Assistance Center

3 Mercedes Drive

Montvale

Reply to
Richard Bird

I think he need to deal with insurance rather than MB for reimbursement. If it is theft related, it should be dealt with insurance unless his deductible is $1000... then he is pretty much on his own.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
Richard Bird

Whatever happen to the tools and the CD was before I took possession of the car and consequently a Mercedes responsibility.

They sold me a complete car including the books and the Navigation CDs and deliver a car with the books without the tolls and the navigation CDs. Many attempts to get an answer from them, including a registered letter has been arrogantly ignored with stupid excuses like " I went on holidays and forgot about", " I will look at the file again and talk to the president" It's amazing that some companies expend so much on advertising and then behave like this.

Reply to
Vlad

Ahh... okay then... now I understand the scope of the situation. In this case, contact Mercedes Benz headquarter for assistance.

I think you have enough evidence to tell MB about this situation and tell them that you rather resolve this situation out of court. It is only $1000 that you are entitled to with the car putchase... not spelled in the contract that those parts are missiong... Otherwise, you take that dealer into small claim court. The dealer must hire lawyer to represent them at a tune of $250 to $300 an hour. The lawyer will definitely bill more than 4 hours to resolve this case.

On your end, it is only time involved... yes, your time is worth alot of money too However, your out of pocket expense is low... you file with small claim court personally as it is under $5000... and pay a fee and wait for court date.

With this info, you can write one final letter to the dealer threatening them with small claim court and their potential cost to resolve this situation... that they are better off coughing up what you are owed. Their cost is probably only $300... remember, dealer gets dealer cost on parts... which is roughly 1/3 of retail cost. Be assertive and firm and good luck.

Reply to
Tiger

Don;t threaten just keep a paper trail and just take it to the small claims.

Reply to
Rob

Good point... I meant to assert the overall picture of what will happen to them.

Reply to
Tiger

Corporate HQ is

Daimler AG

70546 Stuttgart GERMANY

Tel +49 711-170

(The above is the telephone no. I used when I had an issue.)

Or Mercedes-Benz cars

Mercedes-Benz Bank AG Siemensstraße 7

70469 Stuttgart Germany

Phone

+49 711-25740

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

No... he need to contact the US headquarter... he bought the car from USA.

Reply to
Tiger

Yes, but, as Richard Bird suggested earlier in this thread, if he doesn't get satisfaction locally he can go to MB Germany.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Ahh... I see now.

Reply to