E-Class - UK - 300 vs 320 diesels

Hi just looking into possible purchase of an E-class estate in the UK and trying to get some knowledge of the model range & engines etc.

I believe around 2000 the E300 becamse the E320 CDi - is there an enormous difference between these diesels?

Is the 270 CDi worthwhile?

I am thinking E320 CDi, auto gearbox, Estate.

Is there a good web site where I can research this stuff more easily?

(Currently driving a BMW 523 Estate)

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Jeremy

M-B has a website that's quite good in its detail. You guys in the UK are lucky to be able to buy these strong diesels, we, in the USA, don't get them.

Start here:

T.G. Lambach

Thanks, that's a nice site but it really deals with the current models only. I probably should have made this clearer - I'm looking at used models, maybe 3-4 years old. Really looking to see the specs of the cars 'at the time'.

Reply to
Jeremy

Yes, CDI engine much more modern and efficient. Both are excellent cars the 300 is quick but the 320 CDI goes like a rocket.

The 210 chassis 270 CDI wasn't sold in the UK, only the new shape E class comes in a 270 CDI flavour.

Reply to
miknik

Thanks. Any ideas where I might find some information on the model range of circa 2000?

Reply to
Jeremy

I found

useful as a MB European modelinformation source. Unfortunately for some of us the site is in Norwegian. However, with some fantasy one can get the meaning of the figures. Click on "Modellene" for a beginning :)

Yes, IMHO it is an excellent compromise between power and running costs.

Reply to
Dimi

Or here for UK-specific matters...

...but no good for vehicles a few years old.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling