E300TD Defective Light display

My E300TD, on occassion, shows the "defective light" display on the dash. When this happens you cannot read anything else on the dash. This has come on even though all the external lights are functioning fine. Usually this problem goes away the next time I start the car. Is this caused by loose contact at one of the lights? My car battery is 7 years old (99 model). Perhaps this is the cause?

Raj

Reply to
gator_mech

Wan-ning Tan