Rear window now working on 99'e300TD

The rear right window on my 99 E300TD made a strange sound as I was lowering it yesterday and quit working, halfway down. I had to manually pull it up shut. Is this a common problem? Hope it is not an expensive fix?

Thanks-Raj

Reply to
gator_mech

Looks like one of a couple of common problem:

Looks like a DIY repair:

But there must be a better way, like how to current limit the motor, so that it doesn't overdrive the mechanism.

Cheers, WS

Reply to
ws

Very common. Regulator is toast. Both rear window regulators will fail on EVERY 210 model, often repeatedly. "Engineered like no other car in the world."

Reply to
Rob