E320 backup lights

I recently bought a 1999 E320 that seems to have been well taken care of. The only problem I now know of is, the backup light dont work. I've checked the bulbs and fuses. I'd try bypassing the switch if I knew where it was. I'd sure appreciate hearing from anyone who knows where the backup light switch is located in a 1999 E320.

Thanks Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Martes

Should be incorporated in the neutral safety switch, which is at the left side of the transmission box. A thick cable goes into it at the bottom.

To replace the switch, unhook the clip on the cable connector. Completely remove the bottom bolt, then just loose the top bolt so the switch can slide out. Get the replacement first and look at it, then you know what I mean.

Depending on model, you may not have enough space to work on this. It took me almost 2 hours on W201, including time to figure out how to do it.

Oh, I assume MB still keeps the same design since 80s.

Jerry Martes wrote:

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan