2001 sw2 backup switch

My backup lights aren't working,the fuse is ok, both bulbs check good, where is the backup switch located ? Any other suspects i missed? thanks.

Reply to
greg shaffir via CarKB.com

The bu switch is located on the top of the transmission.

We also have no backup lights. I have tested the lamps, and wiring and the switch tests ok. I suspect a bad connection at the switch connector. Any comments from others?

Happy trails

Reply to
private

Thanks, what does it look like and where exactily is it located?

Reply to
greg shaffir via CarKB.com

Reply to
Skip

Do a goggle search. This thread was active a few weeks ago and somebody posted a link to a website with photos of the switch area. It is the thing on the top of the tranny with the electrical wires. (manual 5sp. I do not know about the auto but suspect it is very similar) I was able to disconnect the electrical connector without removing anything else.

You can test the light circuit by connecting the two contacts in the connector, the bu lights should come on. The switch can be tested with a continuity or ohm meter if you have a friend shift the tranny while you hold the tester.

Happy trails

Reply to
private