E320CDI Outside temperature guage problems

The outside temperature readout on my 2002 E320CDI instrument panel has gone blank - the readout has disappeared! I thought it must be the bulb(s) and pulled the instrument panel out only to find that the bulbs are fine - I even swapped them with those in the clock readout - no change. Anyone got any suggestions what might be wrong please?

Reply to
Charles Hall

Check the sensor first. The readout should usually last much longer than the sensor (and much longer than 3 years). The sensor should be somewhere in front bumper. In 80s cars, it is behind the license plate.

The readout blanks out if the sensor gives off-limit resistance read> The outside temperature readout on my 2002 E320CDI instrument panel has

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan