for Karl

i think you forgot about this thread! thanks in advance.

actually, you know i guess i do have the ortho seat backs. i wasn't connecting with what you were asking, but there is a thumbwheel on the outboard sides of the front seats to adjust the lumbar support. i guess that's what you're talking about. the thing about the floor heat is that it's not there right now, but i'm pretty sure that it's because when i took the pump out to examine it, i pulled all the vacuum lines off to get it out of the car. when it was obvious that the motor was fried, i just left it out of the car. but i discovered the hard way that you can't start the car with it disconnected. so i put it back in with the electrical harness attached, but the vacuum lines off since it's a bit of a pain to reconnect them. now i have no floor heat, but i don't feel like pulling the back seat out again until i have the new pump.

thanks again for your help. looking forward to seeing the parts list.

Sort of. The pump supplies additional vacuum to Y11 when the engine > vacuum supply drops, i.e. when > you are pulling a long hill. Y11 is the vacuum gang block under the pass > floor panel. > >> not that i know of! >> btw- that does the heat dampers as well, correct? (no heat to the floor >> now) >> >> >> > Yes, you need to buy a few more parts. I can get a list of them >> > tomorrow. >> > Do you have OSB [othropedic seat backs]? >> > >> >> thanks for the reply. >> >> >> >> under the seat - central locking. >> >> >> >> >> >> > Which vacuum pump? >> >> > The one in the trunk, left side, for closing assist? >> >> > Or the one under the rear seat, right side, for central locking? >> >> > >> >> > >> >> >> i have a '95 S420 with a broken vacuum pump. the replacement is >> >> >> about >> >> >> $800, >> >> >> but i can get one from a late model for $250. i understand that >> >> >> there >> >> >> is >> >> >> some kind of adapter you can use to make a later model pump work on >> >> >> older >> >> >> ones. anyone know anything about this? >> >> >> thanks.

No, I did not forget...... my newserver drops the messages after 5 days and I was hoping you would write again. Pmail me and I will email you the 4 pages of instructions and parts list.

Reply to
Karl