Fuel pump life for mercedes

Is there any one has a fuel pump on their car last for 150.000 miles or

200.000 km ? Thanks for reply!
Reply to
quangcar

My 72 280 4.5 SEL has original fuel pump. 33 years and 500,000KM

Reply to
Howard Nelson

Holy cow.

cp

Reply to
cp

Actually they built them to last in that era. Since new the car has had valve guides replaced at 200K miles, Brake cylinders replaced at 180K miles, ignition controller module and rear shock compensator replaced at 150K miles. Speedometer repaired at 20 years. Window washer plastic reservoir replaced at 20 years. Leather redone at 23 years. Other than that only wear items (tires, plugs, shocks, filters, etc.) have been replaced. While the car doesn't look "like new" it certainly is a 9/10 condition. Just passed

300K miles.

I thought I would drive it till it broke. I think I may break first.

Howard

Reply to
Howard Nelson

"Howard Nelson" wrote in news:KZFif.34141$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

Your rear subframe/control-arm mounts are do for replacement.

Do not neglect them, as they effect the safety and driveability of your vehicle.

Reply to
ThePervert

Yeah, I have a '66 200 w110, SOLID car. If only they had less crap to put in they could concentrate on creating quality components again.

cp

Reply to
cp

Thanks Howard, and the others! It is nice to know! I have my 1991 190E 2.3. I am waiting to see when it will stop on my! Quang

Reply to
quangcar