Good service yet again

Even though it's only a small matter, it's still pleasing.

After going through a mechanical car wash in my CLK 320 Cab I noticed lots of water dripping into the passenger footwell. Never happened before IIRC.

I was only slightly reassured that it was nothing serious by one of the car wash workers (what does he know?) who said it was fairly common. He muttered something about loose seals.

I saw water dripping from something under the bonnet near the windscreen, but could not identify it. The dripping eventually stopped.

A couple of days later I called my favourite Merc garage and described my observation. The footwell carpet was still soaked. Over the phone he diagnosed a blocked drain and said I could come in anytime, which I duly did later that day.

It was indeed a blocked drain. He pulled out a tube cover with a flap that was full of gunk. It was from this I had seen water dripping. He cleaned the tube.

Cost: zero. Ok, the service adviser (now called service team manager) only spent about 15 min on the issue, but he could have charged me for, say, half an hour of his time.

Credit where credit is due.

If anyone lives in the West End or in west London, I highly recommend the Mercedes Park Royal garage. I have mentioned it in positive tones before.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling