Headlight choices

True.

True -- but Tiger's HID bulb "retrofits" fail the ECE beam standards even if cleaning and levelling systems were to be installed.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

You are welcome.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I wonder if Audi is the only manufacturer that has both on their US spec vehicles equipped with HID headlamps.

On the topic of leveling systems, I'm interested in finding out if there's been any improvement in the last 5 years. The ones on my vehicle appear to have about a 10 second delay between a change in slope and adjustment in the headlamp aim.

Reply to
Arif Khokar

Yep, they're now using rapid-response, high-speed stepper motors rather than geared rotaries. That said, if there is a 10-second delay on your system with geared rotaries, something's wrong; that's WAY slower than it should be.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Don't you just turn the handlebars on a motorcycle to aim the headlight?!!

Pete Cowper

1987 300E
Reply to
Pete Cowper