BROKEN EURO-HEADLIGHT

Bought BOSCH Euro- headlight assemblies from Bekkers in 1998 for $500.oo the set, and now have broken left lens thanks to a pickup truck with a trailer hitch. Car is 1992 190E 131,000 miles. Replacement lens is 107.oo at Bekkers, but does not specify BOSCH. Performance Products has replacement lens at 89.oo, does not specify BOSCH Would there be a difference in the beam pattern of BOSCH, v.s non BOSCH lenses and would they be of similar construction? Thanks for any assistance Rick.

Reply to
r parris

Well, whether they are or not I'm not sure matters. Youdon't have headlights right now correct? I'd buy whatever's cheapest so I could see at night then keep my eyes on ebay. I've seen BOSCH lense go for $22 there.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Only the lens is broken, but still intact. What wanted to know was is,... on a Hellas, or Bosch Euro-headlight would the lens (fresnel) "beam pattern" be the same??

Reply to
r parris

Don't worry, buy and be happy :-) I replaced the broken lens of my 190 with a lens of Asian producer (cannot recall the name any more) and am wholly satisfied for the beam pattern of the new lens is more distinct than the other headlight.

With best regards

Helar

BTW, I was told about a Polish site where lenses are sold for about $31 but I do not know if they are interested in selling overseas.

Helar

Reply to
Helar Laasik

Thanks a lot guys, I see "Euro" means one piece, solid glass, and the beam pattern is the same,.. be it Hellas or Bosch! What a wild range of prices for replacement lenes! Thanks again. Rick

Reply to
r parris

Yes and no. The only thing you need to be careful of is getting the right orientation lens. Lense from the UK and Australia, because they drive on the wrong side of the road[1] are aimed differently and don't work real well on US cars.

[1] Oh knock it off. I was born there I can say this.
Reply to
Richard Sexton

All Euro lenses fit as the manufacturing by Bosch and Hella is done by bid to exact manufacturing standards. P.

Reply to
Peter