S70 Headlight Lens

Has anyone bought any Volvo headlight lenses or headlight assemblies from LampsandLenses.com? They seem to specialize in light components for Volvos, and the prices seem very reasonable compared with Volvo dealer prices.

My real question here is what are these lenses like? I have a '00 S70 with cracked (but mot broken) headlight lenses (both of them) that I'd like to replace, and Lamps and Lenses seems like a good deal. Are these glass lenses or are they plastic? Are they any good? Are they Volvo original equipment manufacture?

The benefit of anyone's experience with this outfit would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
mdrawson

Have purchased some products from were much cheaper then the dealer even with a discount have not had any problems with them would purchase from them in the future

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Reply to
mdrawson

The lenses were glass & I installed them my self since I repair Volvo s all day long Glenn ASE Certified Automotive Technician Volvo Master Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Reply to
mdrawson

"mdrawson" wrote in news:4wnie.22884$aB.21358@lakeread03:

Try this - written so you can decide if you can do each task.

I took a quick peek at this. There are 3 bolts that hold the assembly from the back. Find them and determine how you will remove them and put them back.

Look for several metal clips around the perimeter of the lens, that hold the lens to the plastic housing. The clips are easy to remove, carefully use a medium size flat screw driver in the hole on each clip to gently flex one side of the clip. One clip will have some sealer material on it, which can be removed. Note the locations of the clips (all identical) and put a clip back in each location, position one side of a clip and you can probably press on the other side by hand, if not, gently use the screw drive to secure each clip. You will remove the lamps, don't touch the lamp surface, even with clean hands. If you use the screwdriver avoid prying againist the glass lens, just to be safe.

If your housing is in good condition, I would just get the lens.

Re-aim - don't see how this would be needed as you must put the assembly in the same place when finished. The 3 bolts are not adjustments, they hold the assembly on the car. It will be extermly close to the same position as when you removed it.

Reply to
newtovolvo

Reply to
mdrawson