Headrest won't come off

In order to use the back of my newly bought 1983 W123 300TD (stationwagon) to its full extention, I need to remove the headrests from the rear seatbacks when converting the "setup". How can this be done - it really is a puzzle to me. What have I overlooked please?

TIA

Reply to
Knold

If the rears are like the fronts, there is a button under the upholstery that you need to push to get them out. Pull the headrests up as far as possible, then feel around on the back of the seat along the line of the headrest posts. Partway down there should be a button. Push it HARD and pull up on the headrests. That should release them.

Rochelle '79 240D

Knold wrote:

Reply to
R & K