Fuel leaking from tank (landy 110 V8 3.9efi)

Oh dear ! Fuel tank suddenly leaking..Cat litter to kill the smell meantime I cant drive it ehe. Slow drip. I've sourced a replacement tank at 85 quid. But can I remove & fit the new one without any worries?

Reply to
steve

if its only a slow drip, you could probably fix it using the POR tank sealing stuff that frosts sell. It is about =A330 but will take some effort. Worked well on my 101! (which now only leaks around the fuel level sender.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Having a custom setup all the guides meant nothing. So Tools equipped and trolley jack in place whipped the old tank out...took me 4 hours. Luckily I'd WD40'd those 4 retaining bolts (13mm & 17mm pairs) & they came out relatively easily. How ever to actually remove the tank i had to drop the rear Anti roll bar as well....then I had to virtually remove the scaff for the Tow bar as well hehe. A messy wish i hadnt started job but its done now...new tank on order for 90 quid inclusive.

Reply to
steve