Hub Bearings

I need to have replaced all four of my hub (wheel) bearings. Is this something for the DIY or dealer type person.

Help... If anyone has instructions please share..

Greg

Reply to
Greg

on what car? the bearings on the not driven axle are fairly easy... for the driven axle...you need a press...to get old bearings out...and gently press the new ones on.

some experience and the necessary tools

actually, I can't believe all 4 bearings went bad at the same time... but as far as your question is concerned, YES it is a DIY job with some required experience

have a nice weekend, Alex

"Greg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:p8%Lb.3610$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc03.gnilink.net...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Hi... I posted before, but forgot to add what type of car. I have a 1988

300E

I need to have replaced all four of my hub (wheel) bearings. Is this something for the DIY or dealer type person.

Help... If anyone has instructions please share..

Greg

Reply to
Greg

what do you do? sand dune racing? :O) as said before...front is fairly easy...rear is a little harder with some experience with presses necessary

alex

ooh..before you repost...why dont you read the posts allready given to your question?

"Greg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:_LbMb.7625$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich