Ignition tumbler removal on Mercedes 190.

Dear Group,

This is a short and precise question. Anybody out there had any luck hammering a screwdriver into the lock tumbler of an ignition lock on a Mercedes 190 ?

My problem is that I lost my only ignition key for the MB 190 and now I bought new keys just to reliase that prior owner had changed the tumbler. So I bought a new tumbler only to be told be Benz that I needed the old key etc...

I searched the net for days and found nothing, so to recap:

- I do not have the key so normal procedure is out - I do not have a Souber kit either - and I do not know how to drill it out myself

So does anybody know of anyone who hammered a screwdriver into the tumbler in order to turn it to POS 1 ?

TIA Morten

Reply to
bravo605

Hi there. There will not be any way to do except to open every thing and get to it! if you lost your key,you could go to the car dealer , give them your car vin number and they will get you a new key for it!Let me know if it work for you! Quang

Reply to
quangcar

This suggestion is fine if he still has the original keys/tumblers. Once a previous owner replaces the ignition tumbler with a generic replacement, as he stated happened, then the key code for the car is worthless. The key code for a generic replacement ONLY comes on the side of the tumbler, written in pen on a white sticker.

Reply to
Karl