MERCEDES DRIVERS DIG THE HOLE DEEPER

My earlier post suggested the negatives of owning a Mercedes.

As I have read a few of the responses--mostly from Mercedes drivers, my immediate reaction is one of disgust for the deeply engrained, WASPY, Republican, elitist, country-club arrogance of Mercedes owners. Your upper-class arrogance ( we're better than the trailer-trash, blue collar folks ) is only digging the hole deeper and confirming my narrative.

The Mercedes drivers assume that I live in a trailer and have my car parked on blocks. I could afford to own a Mercedes. I choose not too impress other people. I do not live in a trailer, and I certainly do not tote a Busch beer in my hand. I live in a wealthy American suburb and have neighbours who drive Mercedes, Jaguars, and BMWs.

A good percentage of Mercedes drivers cannot afford to own one. Many pay exorbitant lease fees, and then must live in a flat, with 10 other flatmates, to afford food and the other basic necessities of life.

By the tone of the responses, the Mercedes owners have alluded to the fact that they do not associate with people who live in trailers or whom even drive Chevrolet Cavaliers. Well-- I've got news for you too. I do not, and would not fathom the thought of associating myself with someone who drives a Mercedes only to impress other people, unless they are active in charity work.

I find it rather humorous that, on a consistent basis, Mercedes and other luxury cars are always parked in the yellow, no-parking zones at shopping malls. hotels, restaurants, etc. Luxury car owns assume that they are a VIP, and parking where other people park is beneath their dignity.

Enjoy your Mercedes. In fact, do not buy a casket when you die. Just be buried in your Mercedes, for all I care. A wood casket is all I ask for myself. I am sure a wood casket is not the type of casket a Mercedes drivers would be CAUGHT DEAD IN. I guess Mercedes owners have their trailer-trash humour. Well, I have my non-Mercedes owner humour too.

Okay, okay, okay-- to all you other Jed and Jethro Mercedes owners, my "Beverly Hillbillies Truck" IS on blocks occasionally, just like I assume every Mercedes owner is a graduate of MIT. ( Mississippi Institute of Telemarketing ).

I just want to convey the idea that a huge percentage of non-luxury car owners, and the general public at-large, do not look at your over-priced car with awe, and gleeful admiration.

Reply to
Carlton Prestwicke

Here's 10p. Phone someone who cares.

Reply to
Stratman

don't take what people say on the internet so personally.

Reply to
Bill

If you are so wealthy, why do you use WEBTV? ( Not that there is anything wrong with that ).

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

"Carlton Prestwicke" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2318.public.lawson.webtv.net...

over-priced

I'd be glad if you wouldn't care where nobody is noticing it.

Raymund Hofmann

Reply to
raymund hofmann

All of the jiberish you've spouted so far is so general, it could (and in many cases does) apply to folks that own Jags, Rolls, Bentlys, Lincolns, and my all time faves, Volvos!

We've all heard your opinion. Go troll elsewhere.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Rockman59

non-luxury car owners, and the general public at-large, do not look at your over-priced car with awe, and gleeful admiration.>

Who gives a rat's ass?

Reply to
Jerry McGeorge

BYE-BYE TROLL

Maybe someone stepped on your toy 300SL as a baby.

Reply to
David Lane

Saying that your mindless rant was a "suggesting the negatives" is like saying a 300 pound woman is "big boned."

No shit... You posted to a Mercedes group. Get a clue...

Actually, I am an out of work, broke college student, but that matters not. You reaction was disgust, and mine reaction of your was amusement. I sure like my world better than yours. :-) As to feeling superior, well, the mentally stable have cause to feel superior to the mentally whacked... Just my opinion.

No, I live in a trailer... Well, I live on a boat, which is a type of moble home. McBrew lives in a trailer.

If it is a domestic model, that might be a reasonable assumption. :-) (Cheap shot, but fun!)

And you fail to impress quite well! Congratulations on goal setting so well!

If you have no need to impress, us, why tell us? Are those voices in your head giving you conflicting messages again?

A good percentage of the American public can not afford to own the car they drive. That is what financing is for. Later bankruptcy, but that is for another flame.

The cost of a car as little to do with the monthly payment. A much greater effect is the residual percentage. I am looking at new cars right now. So far, the most expensive has the lowest payment for the same terms. As for a counter argument, two words. GMC Denali

Oh thank god! If you feel a need to talk to me again, think twice! I have a Mercedes, and I know how to use it!

I thought you felt disgust? But then I find your disgust humorous too, so I guess we have something in common after all! But as long as we are on a rant, how about those SUV drivers that don't know what the lines in the parking lot are for?

We do!

You seem to care a lot. I mean all of this effort...

Not true. I love wood. The boat I live in is a 1964 classic Chris Craft made of Honduran Mahogany. Nothing looks better! A fine Honduran Mahogany coffin with 12 layers of varnish and brass accents... Only the finest!

I don't even begin to follow that one.

That's OK. All that matters is what I feel when I look at my car. Your feelings are just toys for my amusement.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Sharp

Re: MERCEDES DRIVERS DIG THE HOLE DEEPER Carlton Prestwicke wrote: I live in a wealthy American suburb and have neighbours who drive Mercedes, Jaguars, and BMWs. If you are so wealthy, why do you use WEBTV? ( Not that there is anything wrong with that ). XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX well its not a real computer i must admit but i don't need any thing better. case

82 300SD 251,000 miles 84 300SD 210,000 miles 82 240D 200,000+ miles 82 GOLDWNG GL 19,000 miles 99 S10 60,000 MILES 82 FORD VAN not a clue

NO BLOCKS IN MY YARD

case

hilton head island SC, the land of MBs

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

Carlton has a small penis and can't deal with it....

Reply to
Jerry McGeorge

Cause he doesn't need a overpriced expensive computers that we just have to show off. Martin Autobahn Auto

Reply to
Bnzmn600

Actually it sounds more like he depressed. He admits he read some of the responses, and obviously he either thinks that

300K + miles on original engines is all lies by Mercedes drivers, or he is plain dumb. Besides, based on what I read from him, he attacks the true luxury Mercedes Owners, which points back at depression....neighbors driving BMW's and Mercedes...there is your clue folks, he is being ignored by the neighbors young Mercedes driving female society. Martin Autobahn Auto 1993 300SD 230K+ miles (running like new)
Reply to
Bnzmn600

How strange is the world : i live in Italy (Milan) and here have a Mercedes or a BMW is not a luxury ... expecially used they are very cheap.I own a used 2000 c320 with 15.000 miles and i paid about 20.000 USD for it . Here is a luxury to own a Chevrolet ....

Bye bye

"Carlton Prestwicke" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2318.public.lawson.webtv.net...

Reply to
PowerSLIDE

I knew that I should have sold that old Camaro abroad rather than trading it in to the dealer for peanuts.

"PowerSLIDE" hat in Betrag news:bpg11o$1mdad3$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-85408.news.uni-berlin.de dies gedichtet:

I think "luxury to own a Chevrolet" is not the right word. If somebody in Germany decides to own a 15 year old Chevrolet Caprice instead of a Mercedes 124 of the same vintage, he is regarded a little bit exotic, because the car is regarded as a gas guzzler, and parts may be hard to get. As most US cars are not regularily sold in Germany, they are quite rare over here. Driving a Caprice or a Ford Mustang is definitely more exotic over here than driving an S-class. It is not a matter of money, because used US cars suffer from very fast depreciation.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Re: MERCEDES DRIVERS DIG THE HOLE DEEPER Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Wed, Nov 19, 2003, 8:34pm (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (Frank=A0Kemper) "PowerSLIDE" hat in Betrag news:bpg11o$1mdad3$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-85408.news.uni-berlin.de dies gedichtet: How strange is the world : i live in Italy (Milan) and here have a Mercedes or a BMW is not a luxury ... expecially used they are very cheap.I own a used 2000 c320 with 15.000 miles and i paid about 20.000 USD for it . Here is a luxury to own a Chevrolet .... I think "luxury to own a Chevrolet" is not the right word. If somebody in Germany decides to own a 15 year old Chevrolet Caprice instead of a Mercedes 124 of the same vintage, he is regarded a little bit exotic, because the car is regarded as a gas guzzler, and parts may be hard to get. As most US cars are not regularily sold in Germany, they are quite rare over here. Driving a Caprice or a Ford Mustang is definitely more exotic over here than driving an S-class. It is not a matter of money, because used US cars suffer from very fast depreciation. Frank

Reply to
IF YOU CAN'T SWIM DON'T JUMP IN

Prestwicke?

Is that really your name?

[...]

JDB

I hate to feed trolls, but...

Let's see, im not anglo-saxon or protestant (it is arguable if I am white). I'm a democrat, I'm not an elitist, and even if I wanted to, I couldn't afford to be part of a country club.

Most people are better than trailer-trash. Now there is a very big difference between trailer trash and poor.

I don't. I assume you are some envious, ignorant person who thinks he's better than other people based on what car those other people drive.

I own a Mercedes, and while I keep it clean and nice, I do my best to be low-key about it.

And that somehow gives you a more credible opinion?

Mine wasn't leased, and I have a nice, but not enormous house.

I have friends with worse cars that Chevy Cavaliers

I agree with you here. People who buy things to impress others are annoying.

So spending money to make other people envious is ok as long as you have enough money to give away?

I have never in my life seen this, and that's not as a result of lack of exposure to luxury cars. I myself have never broken a parking law.

Where do you get his assumption. There are some Mercedes drivers who choose to have nothing more than a respectful burial.

Try elsewhere.

I've noticed. A lot of them are like you and become envious and disrespectful to the rights of other people.

I never responded to the stuff you said last time so let's look at that.

Do you normally brag about your ignorance?

Hmmm, well I do all my own work on my Benz anyways, but even if I did, I would pay less to have the same things done at my Benz dealer than I would at the GM dealer (yes, I own a Benz and a GM). And I've never ever heard of a $500 oil change, and I'm very well informed about how much dealers rip people off.

I do wish people wouldn't, but they do. You intentionally look the other way huh? So what do you do if I'm in front of you, or next to you when you try to change lanes, get into a wreck? Either way, it seems as if the fact that I own a Mercedes makes you alter your daily actions.

Really? What amount of percentage of your savings do you give to charity? How many hours do you work for a charitable organization per year? I'll bet dollars to donuts my numbers are higher. Your #2 piece of advice for Mercedes owners was to not cut-in while driving? So, when I'm in my GM, it's ok for me to cut people off, right? Richard

Reply to
marlinspike