Mercedes ML320 spark plug

I have a Mercedes ML320, I took it to the garage, because the "check engine" light came on, they telling me is the the spark plug.

I would like to know if someone could give me any idea how much this plus is, because I'm a woman and I know that some places take adventage of that, this way I'll have an idea, so I can better protect myself.

Thank you

Reply to
mgrandoit

How many miles do you have on your ML?

WHAT is the fault code that turned on the check engine light?

Reply to
Karl

The car has 38,000 miles, and I don't know the fault code, I assumed what turned the the "check engine" light on was the spark plug, but I realy don't know.

Thanks

Reply to
mgrandoit

What year is the car? The platinum plugs are supposed to go for 100K miles.

Reply to
Josh

The "check engine" lite can be many things; the codes should be checked. My bet is on the oxysensor signalling replacement needed.

DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles

FYIS.org

My bet is P0170/P0173 for the air mass sensor!

Reply to
Karl

Go to Autozone and have them pull the code out for you... they will do it for free.

Reply to
Tiger

Most good auto parts stores will do this.

Reply to
Martin Joseph