Mercedes Stopped going in Reverse!

Hi, I have a '94 S420 that stopped going into reverse. I put the car in reverse gear, nothing happens. Even after waiting, it does not shift into reverse at all. Pushing on the gas pedal behaves the same as if the car is in neutral. Could someone give me an idea of how much this will cost to fix? I have already put thousands into this car =((( Thank you, Mark.

Reply to
Mark

I'd suggest you check your transmission fluid level. If that is normal, then I'd suspect something wrong with valve body and it need to be rebuilt or swapped out. I would guessimate less than $1000 to repair this if it is the case.

Where to have it serviced? I highly recommend the dealer in this case as they do have computer to talk to the transmission computer and perform diagnostic.

If you go to any tranny shop, they probably would just say you need a rebuilt tranny and would cost you $3000 or so.

Reply to
Tiger