Mercedes W221 on Testdrive....

Hello Merc-Fans,

even when it´s only in german Language, i think you´ll take a closer Look on the upcoming new Mercedes S-Class only covered with some Tape: Here is the Link:

Best Regards from Germany

Jens

Reply to
Jens Hadel

Is it just me, or does the rear end appear to have been "Bangle-ized" like the tres ugly new 7 and 5 series BMW's? Trunk rises like a hump out of the fenders. Not terribly attractive IMHO.

DS

Reply to
DFS

Yup! looks pretty sucky. All the new MBs look like cheap imitations of the great Jap karz. I wonder what the german words mean -can anybody translate? Still looks quite small. Did they make it larger inside so your shoulder does not rub against the side of the kar? And did they make the seat longer again like the old ones used to be? Hope it is not just another miniS strap-on roller skate.

mcbrue hopefully under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

MCBRUE

Morning McBrue :)

Roughly: PICTURE 1 In the autumn 2004 the new Mercedes s-class (model W221) came into foil camouflage on the roads. Approximately in order the globe were the vehicles in this Look to be found.

PICTURE 2 The long hood offers again enough space for the high performance V12-Aggregate of the Topversionen

PICTURE 3 The headlights look like they could be a similar format to the new CLS

PICTURE 4 The form hides again very well the dimensions of the new luxury ship from the house Mercedes. The rear lights failed quite largely and kaschieren thereby also from the rear the enormous format of the new s-class.

PICTURE 5 The tail reminds in the first moment nearly of a mixture from Maybach and the filter he row of BMW with the put on trunk lid. Above the number plate a broad chrome border (see arrow) runs, which I have "in-painted" in the left picture. One may forgive me the missing graphic fine cross section, but I think for the elucidation of the future organization hand it; -) At the test vehicle this was still finely saeuberlich covered with black Tape.

Rough translation via:

HTH Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

Picture 5. As this has the ref to BMW ('Bangle') in it and, as babelfish has rather mangled some sections, here is my effort for a part:

At first glance the tail almost reminds one of a mixture of Maybach and BMW

7 with the raised boot lid.

...but I think it [my rough addition of the chrome border/bead] is sufficient for clarifying [the car's] future appearance. On the test vehicle this was still carefully disguised with black tape.

I hope it helps. DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling