mercedes190 D2 transmission problem

ihave a mercedes 190 d 2.d with an auto box. with autobox in drive and when slowing down to about ten miles an hour from say 30mph, or any speed,the transmission clonks.at this point hydraulic the pressure of the transmission fluid drops to zero. it appears that the brake band is being released suddenly.this does not happen when auto box is in third gear. please can anyone help? or let me know where i can get expert advice on this. many thanks, Eliot.

Reply to
eliot

Are you sure it's the transmission clunking? Sometimes the driveline flex disks are broken (the originals were a poor design), which causes a clunk. Replacing the front flex disk in my car fixed my clunking, although I never felt any slippage...

Don't know more then that.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I can't remember if your car has a turbo or not... if not, then you need to check the vacuum pressure and adjust the modulator.

If you have turbo, you need to check the vacuum pump and then adjust the modulator.

Reply to
Tiger