Mounting 300 D Insignia/Emblem

The "300 D" emblem/insignia on the trunk lid fell off my 1977 300 D. I have gotten a replacement. It has three pins that match three holes in the lid, but no grooves, threads, etc., on the pins for a fastner on the other side of the lid. How does one attach it? How is it removed (I am planning to have the car repainted at some point)?

Thanks,

Peter Hollings

Reply to
phollings

There is a compression disc that will grab onto that pins and hold it in place from inside the trunk... you need those threee discs.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks, Tiger. Any idea where I can get those compression discs?

Peter

Reply to
phollings

Dealer or any body shop should have something for you.

Reply to
Tiger

A dealer? They are usually helpful when it comes to supplying replacement bonnet stars. Low-cost parts.

DAS

Reply to
DAS

Reply to