n00b here, just bought 95 C280

I just recently bought a 95 C280 with 250k miles. Love it so far, got a great deal on it, it drives like a dream and is in very good condition for its age. The paint is beautiful, and the leather is too. Just wanted to find out if anyone has any tips or advice for this car. Any feedback and/or opinions are more than welcome.

It does have a few minor problems, but nothing too serious I don't think...

-I think the radio speakers have a short somewhere, because sometimes the radio plays fine, and sometimes it 'pops' a lot and I just have to turn it off.

-I can't seem to get the power door lock button to work when the driver side door is open; it will work when all doors are closed but when I open the door to get out and try to lock the doors, it doesn't work. Also the key will not work in the driver side door. So, if I want to lock and unlock my car, I have to do it from the passenger side door.

-There is a bulb blown in the instrument panel behind the clock

-It makes a loud "buzz" from the instrument panel when I first crank the car. My husband says it's supposed to, but I'm not so sure about that. Perhaps this is due to the blown clock bulb?

-Lastly, the two middle air vents only blow about 1/3 of the time. But the vents by the doors work great and cool the car enough for me. Would be nice to have the middle two vents though when I have passengers.

Any ideas on what any of this means, and what it might take to fix any of it? Thanks, I look forward to learning a lot on this board.

Reply to
liannagrier