New Oil Reccomendation for 2000 E320

I just had an A Service and noticed the RO had 5W-40 oil listed, a change from the old 0W-40 from past (both Mobil 1).

My dealer informed me that MB sent a bulletin to all dealers advising the use of Mobil 1 5W-40 now.

Anyone know or speculate about the reason for the change?

Car is a 2000 E320 (non 4-matic)

Reply to
killtheumpire
0W40 is hard to find... 5W40 is good oil too... Don't worry about it.
Reply to
Tiger

Actually all those oils are easy to find around here, but only at Mobil gas stations. The auto parts places (Pep, Auto Zone etc) dont seem to carry them, Also surprisingly, Walmart is a good source.

Tiger wrote:

Reply to
killtheumpire

That's what I meant... beside... there is nothing to quibble between 0W and

5W oil.
Reply to
Tiger