Old MBZ as ecology?

I was browsing around for SVO conversions, and saw a discussion of how it is actually very ecologically sound of us to keep and maintain these old cars, mainly because during the time that they have been around, a "normal" car might have had to been replaced two or three times. Thus, the materials and energy that would have been expended to produce these new vehicles did not need to be used.

An interesting argument, I thought. Taken into account that my old diesel gets 22 MPG, with many getting more than that, and these old workhorses have been doing better than most cars for a long time...

Just thought I'd throw it out there

-- Message posted using

information at

tweaks