C5 that looks like 1953 Vette

I was at Corvette show in Merrimack, NH on Sunday and saw 2 of these.

I had planned on talking to both owners, but I was with 3 other people and non-car issues came up while browsing and we ended up talking more and browsing less. I really wanted to check into these but couldn't be so rude as to say: " Excuse me, but I wanna check out the cars here today ! " Were these kits ?

Reply to
- Bobb -

=Were these kits ?

Not really a kit, was done by a company hoping to get into the 50 year anniversary of Corvette and had about 180 takers sofar at somewhere near $40,000 for the alteration. The first one I saw was on a 1999 chassis owned by John & Kathleen Thomas, Rochester Hills, MI.

Reply to
Dad

WayneC

Sorry about your friends that didn't want to look at cars at the car show. I learned my lesson about asking friends along a couple years ago. I thought an old buddy would like to go to a classic car show in the area, only $5 admission. All he did for the couple of hours at the show was complain that exhibitors had too much time on their hands if they had such clean engines, shiny cars, etc. We left earlier than I would have wished. Just spoiled the entire visit to the show. I haven't invited him to anything since !

Reply to
W Moore

Thanks for the feedback guys. They were neat to look at, but surprised that for $40,000 the "mesh screening on the headlights" for the 2 cars I saw wasn't close to original spec. Wire and the spacing is way too big compared to original.

Please don't compare as if it is trying to -be- an original. It is what it is.

IMHO kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart