how do I Bleed a mercedes C220 Cdi

Hi Leaking fuel injector on my mates car, he asked if I could look it over, it turned out to be the brass washer at the bottom of the injector, so I replaced that and all should be well, but no it won't start at all now, so I checked the fuel filter and its bottle is empty, so then I thought that's ok I will bleed it, that's when I found nothing to bleed, well I can't find a bleed pump or bleed screw, call me old fashioned but things were a lot easier before they went to the moon.

Anyway folks some direction in bleeding this system would be more than welcome. its a bosch system, the pump is on the front of the engine, also besides that is a little gadget (god knows what) and then it goes to the supply pipe.

thanks in advance

Gordon

Reply to
SoundBytes

Modern diesel injection system has no primer pump... You should fill the filter with as much diesel you can... and when you are about to start... full throttle while cranking engine... and stay on that full throttle until engine smooths out and then you can let foot off the pedal.

If you let the engine stumble to stop, then it will be hard to start again.... remember to never crank engine for more than 20 seconds... and wait 5 minutes before doing so... otherwise, you will burn out the starter.

Reply to
Tiger

Well mate, I tried all that, exactly as you said, it doesn't even want to start, then a diesel guy came from interworld, he said there was diesel at the injectors and everything was as it should be and it still doesn't start, so he went on his way, the car (if I leave it for an hour)kicks in for a second then nothing, I only changed one injector, unplugged and plugged it back in, nothing more than that and it started fine before that, I am at a loss.....thanks for your help

Gordon

Reply to
SoundBytes

Mmm... I think you need to check your glow plug system... If the glow plugs are not lighitng up... car won't start.

Reply to
Tiger