Re: 300sd pull engine and leave transmission?

Group,

> > I want to change the engine out in my 300sd. Can I do it while > leaving the transmission in place, or do I need to pull the engine and > transmission together? > > How dose the torque converter connect? There is no dust cover so do > you have to stab it into place with the converter bolted to the > fly-wheel? > > Thanks > Bruce Buchanan > Brujan@(nospam).the-i.net > najurb

Pull the engine and trans. togeather. It's easier that way.

There is an access plate at the bottom of the bellhousing for the torque convertor bolts. You must turn the flywheel/torgue convertor to bring the bolts in line with the opening. Upon reassembly, the convertor is installed in the trans first, then bolted to the flywheel after trans and engine are mated togeather.

HTH, Dave

Reply to
karma-kanic