Pulling T4 engine on automatic van

Hi folks,

I am trying to pull a type 4 engine out of a van without removing the automatic transmission. The manual says to remove 3 or 4 bolts that secure the torque converter to the flywheel plate. Is this necessary. Shouldn't the engine pull straight out after removing the 2 bottom nuts and 2 top bolts with the torque converter attached. The reason I can't remove the torque conv. to flywheel plate bolts is that the engine is seized and I can't rotate it to get the bolts out.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Matt

Reply to
Matthewd

I confess I've never worked on a Type 4 auto, but it certainly looks like you can pull the converter out with the engine *IF* you can pull the engine back far enough.

If it won't go back far enough, you might have to tilt the tranny down (which will be a job).

If you're going to re-use the tranny, probably will need a new converter seal in any event.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
Busahaulic