Re: 560SL or 380 SL?

Given your budget, I wouldn't concern myself with the differences between the two cars (they're pretty minor, really) and just get the best car I can for the money -- either flavor will do.

Ron

German Star

: >> Any thoughts? My budget is ~10,000 USD. : >>

: >

: >P.S. Cold AC is a must, as I am in the Deep South. : >

: >

: With a $10,000 cap you might be looking for a 450SL instead. 380's : are (in Atlanta) going for $12,500 on the low end with 560's starting : at $15-17,000.

In Columbia, S.C., I paid $11,000 for my 380SL six months ago. It was a steal! And FWIW the timing chain had just been replaced with a double chain. However, if I let the local M-B dealership replace my power steering box then I'm looking at a $1,750 bill. But *that* ain't gonna happen.

/ramalane

-- Church of the Swimming Elephant

Have you been to church today?

Reply to