Re: '94 300E ....How Do I turn off Check Engine Light?

Find out what is turning it on, FIX it, then turn off the light.

If you had a car with an oil warning light that came on, would you ask "How do I remove the bulb?"

Reply to
Karl

This is an older Mercedes product. Therefore you can not turn off the little yellow light. It is put there to assure the Mercedes staff of an endless source of repair income. Really the Chermans Cleverest Invention to date! The unfixable not broken indicator!!!!

Good Luck!!!

mcbrue yellowlitly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

I just read that the Mercedes management is claiming that quality control issues have been fixed and warranty claims are down.

Maybe the new S will be worth a try.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I think that this model year has a flash code button on the OBDI interface. This is near the battery. I can't recall the sequence, but I seem to recall that you can hold the button down for several seconds to clear the codes. But... you might first want to find out *why* the check engine light came on in the first place.

Reply to
Josh