Re: Auto transmission info

Yes have changed the fluid and filter ... I can get the thing to shift into

> 4th, but just slips. I found a place to get parts, but need a book to > determine how to disassemble the thing. I have done other trannies so this > shouldn't be a big deal. But need the book or something to go by. > > > To the best of my knowledge the tranny manuals are not for sale to the > > public. Did you try changing the fluid? On a gasoline 126 I have heard of > > people changing the fluid with mobil 1, along with a new mb filter, and > > regaining their gears. > > Richard > > > Sure could use a transmission manual for a 1981 300sd 126. I lost 4th > gear > > > and it needs a fix, but just need a manual not a 1200 buck repair for a > > > simple part. > > > > > > Any help out there ? > > > > > > > > > > > >
Reply to
James R. Freeman

Believe it or not, did you try the J.C.Whitney Catalog?

Around 4 years ago, I purchased transmission repairs manuals from them for the Mercedes 722.1, 722.2 (one book) and the 722.2, 722.4 (2nd book) transmissions.

According to the second volume, the 722.3 and 722.4 (W4A 040) transmissions were introduced in late 1980. Thus that probably includes your car.

These manuals are published by the: Automatic Transmission Service Group

9200 South Dadeland Blvd. Suite 114 Miami, Fl 33156

Apparently they cater to the independant transmission repair shops.

Doug

Reply to
Doug