Re: Consumers Reports Seeks Bailout

The line of companies willing to beg for money from Congress has just grown

> longer. Consumers Reports has requested a Congressional bail out hearing. > In its petition, Consumers Reports cites the costs of massive restructuring > due to circumstances totally beyond its control. Consumers Reports claims > that since it doesn't take advertising, it is the only unbiased source of > product information available to consumers, and thus has a vital role that > must be preserved. > > The magazine's anticipated restructuring costs are due to the impending > demise of GM, Ford, and Chrysler. With those companies gone, and only > foreign cars to rate, CRs reliability ratings will indicate a statistical > impossibility: all vehicles are better than average.

This is a joke - right ?

Reply to
Eeyore

What's really pathetic is the number of people here that read it and actually thought it was real. They fit right up there with those that think the moon landing was faked, and that Bush was a good President.

Reply to
F. Robert Falbo

Yes, it's a joke. :) I bought it at first too though.

Reply to
runbiodiesel