Re: Premium Fuel Necessary?

Unfortunately,all gas engines except the very newest, run on premium (expensive) gas. If you use a lower octane the car will lose it's quick acceleration and eventually knock. P.

The new mercedes require only premium gasoline.......so they say. What would > happen if you filled it with 89 or 87 fuel as opposed to 91? Will your engine > really screw up? Gas prices are rising..... !
Reply to
Peter Klein

is that so? all encompasses a lot, my '02 volvo runs just fine on regular

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.

Reply to
127.0.0.1

I suggest that all adjectives have no real, universally understood meaning.

Mention the octane number.

In Europe Mercs (and just about every other car) run on 95 (US equivalent approx 90)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

A friend of mine did not hear my advice putting 91 in her 95 c-class, after a year the MIL turn on. She spent ~$2000 to fix it. Only 10 cents/litre difference in the price of 91 and 96, but ended up with

80 full tanks. Is it worthwile?

I heard about a stupid in China putting low octane fuel in his brand new S500 coupe. He claimed the car broke down in the first week he owned it. Merc took a month to fix it for the first time without charge. The car broke down again after he had it back for a week. Merc did not fix his car for free this time. The guy went to the media saying merc's bad quality blah blah blah and finally he hired the worker to demolish the poor car by hammers. Unfortunately, everytime I talk about merc with the RED china people, I found they believed what the stupid guy said :- mercedes benz makes bad quality vehicles.

k-beast E14

Reply to
admin

Reply to
Rockman59

I think still need to check out the compression ratio before making any conclusion, premium fuel can sustain 1:11.3. If the cylinder compression ratio is near 1:11, I would better to have premium fuel.

k-beast E14

Reply to
admin

"Rockman59" wrote in news:myddc.6$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.socal.rr.com:

So I guess that the lack of power and poor fuel economy doesn't bother you?

Reply to
George Mann