Re: Thermostat/Heating Problem 1987 190E 2.6

Hi Ross,

Have you checked the sensor that turns the fans on??? if you remove the cord from it and connect the two wires the fan should start??

best regards,

Allan

"ross" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Hi! All, > > I have 87 190E 2.6. Everytime I stop for traffic lights or engine is > idling, thermostat seems to go up almost getting close to red (full). > Then as I accelarate, it comes back to normal (half way thru). I have > noticed that two fans infront of radiator are not working. Can I fix > it? with the help of this group and manuals? Or is it a major task? > Also as long as I can remember, radiator has never been flushed. > Every summer, it does that, especially this summer, it got worse. Do > I need to replace thermostat? I do have enough antifreeze. Any help > is very much appreciated. > > Thanks, > Ross > > snipped-for-privacy@cs.com
Reply to
Allan Pedersen

Have you checked the sensor that turns the fans on???

This was going to be my question. I've also got a 1987 190 and the sensor switch has just failed on mine. Check the sensor as suggested. It's very simple to replace.

Reply to
kevin boxer

Thank you for the message. Please let me know what does sensor looks like? Any guidance?

Thanks.

Ross.

it? with the help of this group and manuals? Or is it a major task?

Reply to
ross