Airbag problem, warning light blinking, 306

Dear Group.

I have a Peugeot 306 from 1997 and have been quite satisfied with it, except for some cabling problems. But now has the airbag warning light started to blink and after 10 minutes does it light constantly. Does anybody have experience with the airbag system? As I can see is the whole airbag sustem integrated in one unit and to get it replaced does cost quite a lot in my country. I have been hoping for a loose connector, but have so far found none.

Best regards

Kasper

Denmark.

Reply to
KLP

Hi,

fix the connectors underneath the front seats. The connection under my drivers seat was faulty, firstly I used contact cleaner. After a while the problem came back and I soldered the wires together (disconnect the battery first though!).

Also: do a Google-group search on the subject, it has been covered quite a number of times.

Good luck,

Bas

Reply to
Bas

Thanks a lot for the fast response. I will try as you suggest!

Best regards

Kasper

"Bas" skrev i en meddelelse news:41f3e420$0$35317$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl...

Reply to
KLP

Don't mention it... I know how irritating that flashing light is ;-)

Try and locate the (little) connector under your drivers seat and try and push them together by hand, sometimes that does the trick, but a permanent solution will be soldering. Did the trick for my, no more flashing lights (apart from my now broken fuel gauge that is, now i've got the low-fuel warning light always on :-( )

Cheers,

Bas

Reply to
Bas

To back up what Bas said, my 406 had this problem when it was only about a year old and the Peugeot agents remade the joint under the drivers seat by soldering it. Six months later the light started flashing again and they soldered the joint under the passenger seat. For the five years since it has been fine.

Reply to
Buccaneer

another cheap way is to put a peice of black tape over the flashing light..........

Reply to
Sheila