s350 diesel turbo

should I buy this car? is it awsome?

aprox 14.000 usd.

Reply to
Niels Ulrik

ps. how many kilometers pr. liter diesel?

gallons also ok.

Reply to
Niels Ulrik

it looks so wide? optical or was it made wider in some models?

Reply to
Niels Ulrik

IMHO buying a S350 turbodiesel is a BIG mistake.

This is a very heavy car and not a good one.

There were many complaints of steering vibration and the owners were caught between the tire manufacturer and M-B who each blamed the other for the vibration problem.

Now, as these cars age, the A/C evaporator cores are leaking; the repair is to remove and replace the entire dashboard to access the part. Cost is about $3,000US.

Finally, the 3.5L diesel had problems of its connecting rods bending; this causes the piston to score the cylinder walls and requires a rebuilt engine.

For these reasons this S350 turbodiesel is NOT a bargain.

Use your $14,000 to buy a newer, more reliable car.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

ok. thanks very much. this was also my initial thought.

which class E diesel is best. Like this:

?

thanks in advange.

Reply to
Niels Ulrik

Distortion caused by the photo, width was always the same.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

In terms of fuel-efficiency the 220CDI is best -

200CDI doesn't need less but has less power, 270CDI and 320CDI need more (and are stronger, useful e.g. for towing boats or caravans), 270CDI is a great compromise between fuel consumption and power output (and price).

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

what! someone using my mail and name. I dont like this. Just to let you all know I did not write the below.

Regards Niels Ulrik

Reply to
Niels Ulrik

I'll believe you. This has happened to others here.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

It was the most problematic sedan MB ever sold. There were several class action lawsuits pending before MB agreed to replace the engine with a newer, improved design. P.

Reply to
pkmaven