StarTek??

Hello Guys: I tried Startek... so far not much luck using the system. I am signed up for 1 day to fix my ABS/BAS lamp illumination problem which also cuts out my cruise control on my C230 1998 MB. I tied the "symtoms" on WIS but didn't find any listings at all so I am perplexed about where to search. I would like to give you a symtom which might help sort out the cause. If I drive with a slight amount of pressure on the brake peddle (left foot) after starting and then driving, the lights don't come on and the cruise control works fine. When I cycle the brake peddle 1 time to slow down and take off the foot pressure on the peddle the lights come on and then ABS and cruise control stop working. I wish I could figure this out in a logical way with all the CODEs but I would be happy with any solution to the problem. If I start the car and drive as normal with foot off the brake peddle the lights come on. This of course is not normal. Thanks.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Have you tried going to your local Autozone, etc. and just borrowing for free their code scanner? It will only show basic codes but might show an ABS codes to give you a clue. Here is a list of codes to help you interpret any codes the scanner displays:

-

Sounds like a bad stop light switch. Common problem.

Reply to
Karl

You need to have someone pull the fault codes. It probably needs a brake light switch. George

Reply to
mbtuner