stiff ride in 99 320e 4matic

I just purchased a 99 320e 4matic,and was surprised at how rough the ride is. I know its not a Lexus when it comes to ride softness,but it seems a little harsh. This is my first Benz so not sure what to expect. Should I use premium gas,or is it a waste of money

Reply to
1 1

Check the tires' pressure.

I too, believe the ride is a bit too "sporty" but these are sold as "sports sedans". The firmness of the ride seems to disappear with speed.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

The octane rating of the fuel should be as recommended by the manufacturer. If you don't have the manual then ask Merc.

BTW, what you mean by "premium"? What matters is the octane number, not an adjective (whose meaning can vary across the world).

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

manufacturer.