Mercedes-Benz 1976 450 SEL { rear parking brake }

Do I need to remove the rear axle to replace the parking brake pads ? note: rear brakes are disk

Thank You iwlu25dcw :-]]

Reply to
iwlu25dcw

I hope not, im about to do the same thing.

I'll have a look tomorrow, is the parking brake just drum brakes inside the disks like all other cars, cant imagine its that hard, everything else seems dead simple on these cars.

Reply to
Dave T.

I can't get at the springs on the pads. If the axle shaft was out of the way then it would be no problem.

iwlu25dcw

Reply to
iwlu25dcw

Instead of guessing, go to Ebay and buy a service manual for the car so you can do the job the right way and save a lot of time and trouble.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Chet do you have a manual that your not using ?

iwlu25dcw @@

Reply to
iwlu25dcw