tires

I have an 83 300SD, and I was given a set of new snow tires, the exsisting tires are P195/70R14's and the new ones are P205/70R14"s. Will the 205s fit?

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

Yes. And you may want to move to that size tire for all the wheels on the next tire purchase.

Reply to
Take A Guess

Yes, it is perfect size for the car... no problem at all.

Reply to
Tiger

Just fyi, the first number is the number of millimeters across the tread is. There are 25mm in an inch, so the 10mm difference is just under half an inch difference in tire width. The 70 means the sidewall height is 70% of the tread width, so your sidewall height has grown by 7mm, which is just over 1/4". It's highly likely that this much difference won't be big enough to cause Real Problems, but note too that the tire diameter is now about 5% bigger, so your speedometer will read low by that much. E.g. when the speedo says '50' you'll actually be going '52.5'. Again, probably not enough to get worried about, but if you're the sort that drives with the "the police won't stop you for speeding unless you're eight-over the speed limit," you better not have your speedo reading 63 in a 55 zone or you'll be actually going 66.

...if you catch my drift.

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket