Trailer Hitch For '83 300 SD

I'd like to put a hitch on my 83 300 SD to tow a little utility trailer (less than 1250 lbs gross weight). Mostly Harry Homeowner light towing to the dump and such.

I don't see much out there in Reese or Draw Tite hitches.

Does anyone know of a hitch that might work?

Reply to
Paul Valois

Try

and see what you can find

Reply to
CaptainW116

Reply to
marlin

I saw a hitch on a 300SD and got under the car to see how it was attached. I assume it was made for some other car. There was an extended 12 inch T bar centered on spare tire well with the bolts about 10 inches apart. Another T bar several feet long was attached with big U bolts to each bumper support. It ddin't look like it would be that hard to make. As far as I know there no Mercedes hitches in the US but thye have them in Europe.

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik