300M: Which hitch?

We are thinking of putting a hitch on our '02 300M.

Reese doesn't make one for the 300M, but both Draw-Tite and Hidden Hitch do; I assume that the Mopar-branded hitch is merely a rebranded and overpriced version of one of those two.

Any reason to prefer one over the other? All we expect to tow is a small trailer for taking yard waste to the dump and for bringing purchases -- not heavy but too large to fit anywhere else -- home from the store.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Not sure about Hidden Hitch, but on a 2nd-gen Intrepid the Draw-Tite requires dropping the muffler down for installation, according to what I read on their website. Something to consider if you're going to do your own installation.

I had a thought and took a look at Ebay. Somebody's got a new LH-compatible Draw-Tite with a starting bid of $60. Take a look, you might save a few bucks.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Try U-Haul. They have, or did have a Stealth Hitch model. The hitch was up underneath and couldn't be seen when draw bar wasn 't on it.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA