Turn Signal Problem - 2001 C32

My dash board indicated that my front, right turn signal lamp was out.
I checked the bulbs and even switched it with the left side ...... the bulb was
fine.
Every now and then when I start the engine, the problem would go away and the signal would function again.
Then once I think everything is okay, the turn signal fails to work again........
Anyone familiar with what may be the problem? I'll have to take it into the dealer anyway, but would like to know the problem if any experts are out there.
The socket pins may be corroded by salt or debris inside the connector, as opposed to the bulb itself. It may also be an electronics anomoly, unfortunately becoming more and more usual in those models.

bulb was

the
the
there.