W123 Passenger Side Mirror

I have been driving the 230CE for about 2000 miles now. It is doing pretty good except the fuel mileage has never been above 22 MPG with mostly freeway driving.

The thing that I do not like is that the passenger side mirror is flat, not convexed like I am used to. This makes it hard to see every thing on that side. Also, it has a bluish tint to it too which makes it darker and pretty much useless at night.

My question is: Are there convexed replacement units available?

I went to a wrecking yard and saw 6 W123's and was surprised to see that none of them had a mirror on the passenger side.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Buchanan
82 and back, in the USA, 123 pass side mirror was an option, in manual only. 83 and up, it was standard as an electric adjustable.

They were all flat mirrors.

I put a convex mirror insert on my 85 from a 126 body mirror.

It will not fit on the 82 and back manual mirrors, only the 83-85 electrics.

Reply to
Karl

Wal-mart has stick-on convex mirrors for about $1 or so. My 84 300D has one stuck on each mirror when I bought it. I took them off and like it better without them. If you feel you really can't live without the convex mirror, try one of these and see if it helps. They may even have one big enough to cover the whole mirror.

Reply to
DougS

You cannot put a 126 mirror assembly on a 123 body..... only the glass. Part number 126 810 15 21.

Reply to
Karl

Thanks. I have been looking on ebay for one. Could you list all the models of the 126 to be sure that I do not miss any thing?

Thanks

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

I tried one but it is a little too small to be of much good on the passenger side.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Speaking of 126 mirrors, mine are missing whatever was originally on the forward-facing sides of them -- some sort of plastic covering, I assume. There's nothing there now but dull gray metal.

What was orignally there, and is there any way to obtain replacements without buying the entire mirror assembly? If not, I'll probably just spray-paint them.

Geoff

-- "If it rains after a liberal washes his car, they say it's a right-wing dirty trick." -- Ann Coulter

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Just painted.

Reply to