Passenger side mirror

Hello everyone.

After coming out of BestBuy I noticed some good Samaritan had broken my Toyota 97 Camry passenger (right?) side mirror (glass only, the case is fine), and it is electric.

Dealer wants $175. AutoZone (Houston) wants $100.

I roamed a few junkyards (sorry auto salvages) and only one had a used assembly, and wanted $75, the color didn't match.

Question: Is this it? Am I out of choices? If you know a better way (like to find mirror only and cheap) would you share the info?

Thanks in advance. Mike

Reply to
ma

On these things I've never really seen an alternative to replacing the entire assembly (though I admit I haven't looked too hard). Maybe a glass shop could rig something, but by then you'd probably be close to replacing the thing.

Reply to
qslim

I have had the same courtesy from a Chili's Grill Customer.

My mirror was knocked completely off of the car and left hanging by the wires....................Thanks huh.........????

Anyway, I had to go and purchase the new mirror for mine, color matched already..................was 148.00. I thought that a bargain considering I work around dealerships all day and none of the mirrors are that cheap at a dealership ( especially a power mirror).

Anyway, I have more info to maybe help with this search for glass.

Most of the local glass companies will not put one on for you but you can buy the glass in a larger size and cut to fit. I dare say you will not be able to make it pretty unless you are some kinda special. the glass need for this job is special glass for two reasons, one of which you will not be able to find at all through a local glass place such as PPG or Binswanger, because it's designed to show the objects closer,.................I know, You don;t care though. Right?. if not get some glare free glass and comence to cuttin'.

There's one more option to note here. My FLAPS (Friendly Local Auto Parts Store ) has a line of replacement glass for lots of cars. Yeah,..............LOTS of cars!..............Odd ones too. however, they may not have the one you need in stock, but most will order the proper piece for your application. It will work precisely (Ok, maybe not that well), and has the "closer than appears" stuff on it too if you order correct piece.

The last suggestion is only fun if you go ahead and try the other stuff first. Break some glass and frustrate yourself really big time first though. It makes the sweet surprise of doing the final fix so much sweeter.

Hope this helps.

PS( ya might try and find the replacement mirror glass online if the FLAPS is reluctant to order)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

go to this site for toyota mirrors at 49.95 MCB

wrote:

Reply to
Artfulcodger

You can buy just the replacement glass - go to an auto glass shop and they can get it for you. Should be les than $20.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Take it to a decent glass shop. Should be under $50.

Reply to
HachiRoku

Daniel M. Dreifus

Thanks to those who replied.

There is a BinswangerGlass about half a mile away from us, and I never thought of them.

Thanks again. Mike

Reply to
ma

I need a Passenger Side Automatic Mirror (glass only) for 1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 made in Japan.

If you know a better way (like to find mirror only and cheap) would you share the info?

Reply to
felix

This site will give you the cheapest mirrors go> I need a Passenger Side Automatic Mirror (glass only) for 1994 Toyota

Reply to
Artfulcodger