was there ever a AMG 280 twin cam option?

dr fang

Yes, it was available back in the '80s. 185hp I believe.

Reply to
Satish Tummala

Reply to
dr fang

I sure hope the 185Hp modification will give the good old 280 some better acceleration than the European M110 already has, because my 280CE accelerates like an elephant with it's 185HP's : slow, but steady.

But once you get to 60, you have all the acceleration you could ever want.

I think you should go with the V8 solution, or at least put a manual gearbox in the old workhorse. In this way you can get the engine up in the +3500rpm's where the HP's are present. As far as i remember, the engine delivers max around 4700rpm's.

/Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Bach