Well excuuuuse tha boyz!

I say old chapie! You just cawnt get good speakers today! And that holds for people as well as in the MB karz. Since you seem to have some sort of love for older lanaguages which have mostly gone out of favour with the majority of the world, and since you seem to be regretably short of appreciation of humor, I shall make some efforts at translation. Saucyville may well refer to Sausalito. Sausalito is found by leaving San Francisco and crossing a long, red painted bridge which is called the Golden Gate bridge. There are many shops in Saucyville which sell little baubles such as rings and paintings and "stuff". Some of the stuff is a bit expensive, but of course a rich English Bloke would not even notice it. And certainly the price of parking would not bother an English Gentleman, but them dad ratted ole boyz in tha bak fer sure aint no gentlemens! In fack, them mite even be called ole red necks even if them is wurkin on a valley accent nowadayz! Sam Fran's Disco is the punch line of an old pun about San Francisco. A pun may be a familiar form of humor to the English, but since they never laugh, it is not known whether puns are really known by the English. Nepenthe is a rather nice little place in the middle of Big Sur. For many years, chickens were a mainstay dish there. Especialy in the rather nasty winter weather when the road would fall off the cliff and people would not be able to get in and out as freely as they would like. Localy grown spices are used. And the chicken itself is not all that great, but it sure is traditional. If you have not sat on the sun set side of the porch and eaten as the sun goes down and the moon comes up for the past 30 or 35 years, you are much the poorer for the the lack of experience. {Back in the early 80s I ate there one night and had to stand on the road at 6am next morning freezing at a pay phone as I tried to get back into the market (and did). Was quite frustrating timing as there was a 60A tract up on top with bldg permit and larger than the minimum 40 A lot size. With all the excess money back in the market, I had to talk to Ca banks, and they didn't like an ole boy frum tha south. An them ole banker boyz in tha south hadn't never (note koreck use of double negatives to emphasize the point) heard of no place laik Ca.So no land got bought.} There are a few rather interesting motels in Big Sur. Ventanna remains at the top of the list, of course. Post Ranch Inn claims to exist, but they have never allowed me to tour the property so I have never stayed there and probably never will. So old fellow, put this together with the previous message and enjoy!

Rumor has it them ole boyz iz headed fer them ole long high curved bridge south of tinsel town.

mcbrue translatingly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420 (ta home unfortunately)
Reply to
MCBRUE

It's been my experience them ole banker boyz in CA *or* the south don't dis- criminate. They pretty much don't like ANYBODY right off - no matter where they hail from, at least not initially. By the time they get to figgerin' yore one a them thar good ole boyz like them, the deal's fallen through, or the interest rate's gone back up, etc.

Jerry Wolfram lamentingly in the sprawling ranch house out in the L.A. 'burbs '78 450 SL - 210 K miles

Reply to
Jerome K. Wolfram

Yes - now that I don't want to borrow money, I can! Realy quite silly, but there it is ...

mcbrue nonloanedly under a bridge in the trailer park down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

But that's almost always the case (being able to borrow money when you don't need to).

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

I always got a kick out of them asking if you could put up a bank savings passbook for collateral.... That's like asking a guy to lend you $10 and you will give him a ten to hold til you pay him back the $10..except, of course, you have to pay him back $11.....

Reply to
AJDalton7