which model / year to go for ?

Not in Holland they're not, and since when do Britons consider themselves Europeans?

In Holland automatics are considered to be for the elderly and disabled. Something to do with these cars that were very popular in among them:

I agree, I find my style of driving is quite different in an automatic.

Ximinez (two MB automatics)

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Ximinez, which it was that easy. If the car is not sold in Canada, where I am, it 'may' not be legal to import. It costs much money and effort, so I'm told, for a car company to be able to import any given model (savey requ, emissions, bumper heights, lights, etc, etc, all have to be acceptable). Don't know though, and that's the interesting part, if one can mix and match different aspects of different models.... hmmmm

- cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

ANY car 15 or more years older may be legally imported into Canada. This was changed a few years back, used to be there were some cars you could never import. But I guess some government wonk wanted one or something as the law just changed one year.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

300Sd air cleaner bracket mounts break a lot but they're easy to fix. Avoid the older 4-matics. They're, um, "a disaster" not to put oo fine a point on it...
Reply to
Richard Sexton

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that - currently looking for a late E300D Estate or early 320 D Estate - manual transmission seems very rare... Do you know if there is a website for the 3 litre "fans" - e.g like John Burns excellent one for BMWs ? Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Below...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The Mercedes moral equivalent of the esteemed Mr. Burns is one Dave Meimann who does not restrict his writings to one website. He's all over and answers email and know smore about these cars than anybody.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Excellent ! - I will Google for some of his stuff then - many thanks...

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Excellently quoted, mr. Schmetterling!